Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Max's third week

From Recently Updated

click to view more

I will post pictures later. So, Max has been trying his parents patience since Thursday night. He hasn't been sleeping so great and cries when he's put down. We switched his formula to soy on Sunday, so we'll see how that goes. Last night Lou was nice enough to give me a break for 30 min. and took him in his screaming fit from 11-1. Lou's on call tonight, so that means no sleep for him at all!  He fell asleep on my chest and I moved him to our bed, where he slept like a champ!  If that's the solution, then so be it!  Maybe the crib and swing are scary places for the babe.  

I took Max to the pediatrician today to make sure nothing was wrong.  He's very healthy and weighs in at 9 lbs!!!  I'm feeling much better today.  Rachel and her family came over yesterday and I napped.  Today Tanya was nice enough to come over and relieve me for a bit.  Thank goodness for good friends!  

Aunt Carol and Uncle Mike are coming on Thurs. to help celebrate Passover and staying until Saturday.  Then, Laura comes!  Mom is coming Tuesday as Laura leaves.  I'm feeling much better with all this support coming in and just wonder how moms do this alone.  I know women have been having babies for thousands of years, but this is really hard!  Someone asked me if m 20 years of babysitting prepared me for motherhood, my answer was a resounding, "NO!"  

Nothing prepares you for motherhood.  I'm calling it wonderfully overwhelming.  There's this person who relies on you for everything.  No breaks, no time outs, nothing!  Then there's the hormones that are wack-o from being preggo.  Sometimes I'm just overwhelmed with emotions...mostly positive ones, but sometimes it's overwhelming!  

I love hearing everyone's suggestions and support.  It helps me get through the day and NIGHT!  Thanks!
Shelley 

No comments: